Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Holiday Tidings
Growing up the holiday season is always a special time of year. Unfortunately, as each year passes the holiday magic gets a little more tarnished. I come from a large family, we all used to spend the holidays together. As life happens though families grow apart. But even worse for me was when the family I started was over. When I was 21 years old I met a girl and fell in love. At 24 we got married in October. I thought that what I had found was the real deal and that with some work we would live happily ever after. 2 years later I found out how wrong I was. By the time I was 26 my wife and I owned 2 houses in 2 states (NY and Ga). I was in it for the long haul and Natalie had me and everyone else believing she was too. Boy, was I suprised when she told me she wanted a divorce! We had just moved to Georgia 6 months earlier. There was no indication that anything was wrong, one day we were trying to have a baby, then bam she was gone. Nothing could have prepared me for the whole life that I had worked so hard to build to come crashing down. The worst part was that she gave me no reason as to why andI had not done anything wrong. Not to mention I was a 1,000 miles from everyone I knew! Of course it was Thanksgiving Eve when Natalie told me she wanted a divorce. I did what I thought was right and I went shopping and cooked us 1 last Thanksgiving feast. It was the first time that we were not with either of our families for the holidays. Since 2006 I have not been able to feel any holiday magic, nor am I able to have faith in a woman again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment