Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Blog 2

Everybody suffers through out their life. Some more than others. I am one of the many who battle  depression. Through out my life,
I have experienced long recurring periods of nearly debillitating depression. For me, these depressive periods started at a young age. They have no rhyme or reason and nothing in particular brings them on, but when I fall into one it lasts weeks to months. I have come to accept these melancholy periods as part of my life. I do my best to hold my depression at bay and to carry on pretending that everything is ok, but sometimes it is simply not possible. There are too many times that I feel helpless, worthless, and insignificant. At times the feelings are even much darker then those. No matter what, nothing seems to be able to prevent or end these terrifying and crippling periods of self-loathing and despair. I know there are medications available to treat depression, but I know that these lows do eventually end. With that in mind I choose to experience and endure my natural and real feelings. I don't ever want my hapiness  to rely on a drug. It is my opinion that it is better to go through the ups and downs of my depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment