Monday, September 19, 2011
First Post
Throughout the course of my life experiences, I have become very comfortable sharing and disclosing nearly everything that I have been through. However, that is on a verbal level. In writing I am moderately comfortable as well. However, writing in this forum I am very uncomfortable publishing almost anything of a personal or opinion based nature. I know of several people who have caught an awful lot of grief because of what they published on the web. Once someone publishes anything on the internet, they lose all control of that information forever. No person is exempt from internet backlash. From olympians to teachers, criminals to cops, and right down to your average citizen, people do not realize that once you publish something on the internet, it's out there for the world to see forever. There is no such thing as a private or protected post, nor can you actually delete something. Even if you do delete something, it is still saved on a server somewhere and there is no telling who may print what you post right as you publish it. The internet is a great information sharing tool, however we must realize, acknowledge, and accept the fact that you can never truly remove anything that you publish on the internet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment